Imagine an orthodontic treatment that's virtually invisible to those around you
Invisalign is a game-changing orthodontic system that has revolutionised the way in which dental professionals can straighten your smile. Utilising a series of transparent aligners, Invisalign is a removable and virtually transparent orthodontic system that fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.
Invisible braces? How is it possible?
Invisalign uses the basic fundamentals of traditional orthodontics, but does not actually involve the uncomfortable (and blatantly obvious) metal wires and brackets! Instead, Invisalign works to straighten your smile much more subtly by using transparent medical-grade plastic aligners that are custom made to fit your smile. These aligners then exert gentle pressure on the teeth until they move gradually into the desired position!
The benefits of Invisalign
At our dental practice located in Southport we find that adults who have put off seeking orthodontic treatment for years due to aesthetic concerns are particularly suitable for this system. This is due to the fact that Invisalign is one of the most lifestyle friendly orthodontic systems:
- Invisalign may be removed for important meetings, events and for photographs
- Due to the removable nature of this system you may maintain your regular oral hygiene routine
- Zero diet restrictions are experienced with this system as the aligners can simply be removed to enjoy your favourite sticky or crunchy foods
- No uncomfortable tightening visits are required and there are no sharp wires to irritate your cheeks and gums
If you are seeking an aesthetically pleasing, functional and lifestyle friendly orthodontic system then Invisalign may be the ideal choice for you.
What should I expect from my Invisalign treatment?
Your treatment will be conducted in stages and will involve:
- Your initial consultation with one of our elite dental professionals in which we will discuss your needs and take impressions of your teeth
- Your dental impressions will then be turned into a digital, 3D image which will give your dentist a clearer idea of the movements necessary to align your smile. We will be able to show you a virtual representation of your teeth prior to, during and after treatment so you can have realistic expectations about your results.
- Your custom-designed aligners will then be created and are to be worn for two weeks before your next set of aligners need to be switched. Depending on your individual case, treatment should take around 9-18 months.