At Australia Fair Dental Care, we truly believe in providing care beyond the chair. We want to assure all our patients that we’re taking all the precautionary measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and staff. Australia Fair Dental Care is open and will continue to operate as normally at present, The Federal Health Minister’s office has confirmed that essential health services including dental will continue to operate as normal.
In order to ensure we’re managing the risks within our dental practices and in the interest of public safety, we ask that if you have any symptoms like fever, shortness of breath or cough or sore throat; or if you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days, that you please delay any non-urgent dental appointments.
To all our other patients and community, we encourage you to not delay obtaining your essential dental services whilst the services are still available.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation and self-isolation recommendations, we wanted to make sure we give you a few tips on how to practice good oral hygiene during self-isolation.
A lot of people don’t realise how essential good oral health is for overall health. You can prevent bigger oral health problems simply by taking good care of your mouth, teeth and gums. Use this time during self-isolation to step up your dental routine.
We recommend you practice these easy steps to main good oral hygiene:
- Brush at least 2 times a day. Play your favourite song and start brushing in an upward direction until the song ends.
- Remove plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach by flossing - this is a daily essential!
- Eat healthy food packed with calcium, vitamin A and C.
- Avoid acidic food and drinks as it can lead to tooth erosion which causes tooth sensitivity, discolouration and cracks over time.
- Drink plenty of water, stay hydrated and stay safe.
If you’re experiencing a severe toothache or require emergency dental care, please contact us to schedule an appointment.